Discover all that the North Fork Valley has to offer!55% of the North Fork Valley is public lands that are easily accessible to the outdoor enthusiast.
The area has been a popular destination for hunters and fishermen for over a century. In the fall, hunters from near and far congregate in the Valley’s towns to pick up provisions and to swap stories in the local restaurants; while the lucky ones bring their harvest for processing.
Whether for fishing, boating, rafting or floating, area rivers, lakes and streams are popular destinations. Many also enjoy the endless hiking opportunities. Logging roads are traversed by those on off road vehicles, ATVs, mountain bikes and dirt bikes. Snowmobilers take advantage of the snow covered high country during the chilly months, and the area’s State and National Parks draw many satisfied visitors year round. Immerse yourself in the wild lands and you will certainly be glad you did; and will take home with you good memories that will last many years.
- 2000 feet straight down at the Black Canyon National Park
- Enjoy the recreation and relaxation at Crawford State Park
- Experience the majestic Ragged Mountains in the Paonia State Park
- Adventures in the Crawford outback can be found while hiking Crawford
- Explore the back country when hiking in Hotchkiss
- Experience the amazing beauty of local peaks hiking in Paonia
- Over 2 million trout are raised and stocked in Colorado at the Hotchkiss Fish Hatchery
- Hunting in the wilderness of western Colorado
- Enjoy the beautiful fall colors in the North Fork Valley
- Grab your pole and come fishing in the North Fork Valley
- Try visiting the Gunnison Gorge NCA
- Visit the sports and recreation district in the North Fork Valley